Get on the Map is an exciting data-sharing initiative designed to dramatically improve the quality and availability of giving data for our region. Put your grantmaking in context to gain insights that will transform your giving.
Imagine real-time answers to questions like:
• How are others serving at-risk youth?
• Are organizations in our region receiving enough capacity building support?
• Who else funds economic development in our rural communities?
And it all starts with you—sharing your current grants data.
When you share your data, you control your story. No one knows your grantmaking better than you. Tell your story, your way. And, that means, it’s good for the sector. Better information benefits everyone but it begins with YOU! Join the community of funders sharing their data to ensure the field has the best information to act on.
How to share your data
Our partner, Foundation Center, is gathering all the data for our region and structuring it for us. See their full instructions here.
Share your grants data in just 3 simple steps:
- Register for an Updater account. (Already have an account? Log in here.)
- Export a complete list of your most recent grants data in a spreadsheet using the eReporting template. (TIP: Good news! Check the list of software partners to see if your grants management system already has this template built-in.)
- Once logged into Updater, submit your data in the “Upload Grants” section.
As soon as Foundation Center processes your data, you’ll receive your own interactive giving map!
Take your updater to the next level & everyone wins!
While you are in Updater, take a few extra minutes to verify and update the information that Foundation Center is publishing about you. You not only ensure that your good work is showcased accurately, but that the field has the best information to act on.
Foundation Center Updater allows you to share a wealth of information about your organization, including:
- Basic Information: Organization name, address, phone number, and website
- Work Categories: Your issue areas, geographic focus, target populations, and more
- Fiscal Data: Current financial information (e.g., assets, expenses, giving, etc.)
- People: Key officers, trustees and staff
- Grant Applications: Deadlines, funding requirements and more
- Programs: Detailed info on your direct program work
- Grants: A list of your latest grants following our eReporting program guidelines