GWP is a regional network of foundations, corporate funders, family philanthropists, government agencies, and philanthropic advisors working to inform, advance and support philanthropy. We are your resource for professional development, resources and capacity-building within the PSO community.
What do we do?
Educate and Inform
- We offer educational programming and professional development opportunities, both in person and at a distance, on a wide range of community and regional topics, so that funders are well informed.
- GWP also provides its members with local and national resources in regular newsletters to all members.
- GWP keeps members informed on policy matters affecting philanthropy and nonprofits, and advocates with policymakers on how to create a supportive legal, tax and regulatory environment for private philanthropy
Connect Members to Each Other and Resources
- GWP supports multiple learning networks that bring together funding organizations with shared interests so they can collaborate on solutions
- GWP hosts a number of member listserves to connect members to each other and peers across the country for collaboration and knowledge sharing
- GWP periodically supports co-funded initiatives that enable a group of funders to align their goals and their giving
Member Services and Discounts
The Help Desk is designed to provide foundations with access to answers to legal questions related to the operations of a foundation and provided for an annual fee. Learn more.
Philanthropy Publication Discounts
GWP has developed partnerships with various philanthropy publications to offer members special rates on their subscription rates. Learn more.