The Rauch Foundation of Long Island will describe how family foundations can play a unique role as a neutral hub to forge relationships across local business, government, and media that can multiply investment in regional economic recovery.
Foundation President Nancy Rauch Douzinas and a panel of collaborators will articulate and illustrate five principles for using research, relationship networks, advocacy and targeted grants to open up blocked civic systems and address community needs at scale. The approach de-risks grantmaking by multiplying stakeholders in an initiative’s success, and it lays groundwork for further collaboration.
- Katie Smith Milway: Principal, Milway Media | Senior Advisor, The Bridgespan Group
- Kevin Law: President and CEO, Long Island (Business) Association
- Gemma Deleon-Lopresti: Commissioner, Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service
- Nancy Rauch Douzinas: President, The Rauch Foundation
- Patrick Halpin: Chair, Suffolk County Water Authority | Former county and state representative
This will be offered as a virtual session. Details for connection will be shared after registration.
We are committed to making GWP programs accessible to all members. If you have questions, or if an accommodation would be helpful to fully participate in this program, please reach out to Paula or call 412-471-6488 and we will make every effort to accommodate your request.