Most of today’s nonprofit leaders have never grappled with the high rate of inflation we’ve witnessed over the last year. Its impact has been staggering as the cost of supplies, fuel, and salaries grew at a historic pace. And, with communities feeling the pinch themselves, nonprofit leaders were squeezed from both sides. Many have sought to meet the demand for services by implementing efficiencies and cutting costs where possible. But most organizations aiming to maintain service delivery are faced with just one route forward: raise more funds.
Our colleagues at BDO/FMA have invited GWP members to participate in this interactive panel discussion featuring both funder and nonprofit voices. We’ll discuss strategies funders have adopted for supporting their grantees during these challenging times. And a nonprofit executive director will share her experience navigating the constraints of high inflation by building on her funder partnerships to allow the organization to thrive despite an unpredictable economic outlook.
TOPICS DISCUSSED WILL INCLUDE:
- The impact of inflation on nonprofits and strategies they have implemented to mitigate current economic challenges.
- Logistical considerations for implementing inflation adjustments to grants.
- Conversation starters for funders looking to take action.
The session will also include optional interactive breakout groups that will allow participants to discuss ideas, challenges, and successes in navigating this issue with fellow funders.
- Yolanda Coentro, Executive Director, Institute for Nonprofit Practice
- Tony Bowen, Vice President, Trustees’ Philanthropy Fund, Fidelity Charitable
- Stacey Faella, Executive Director, Woodcock Foundation
Rodney Christopher, Managing Director, BDO FMA