Members of Grantmakers of Western Pennsylvania:
- Adhere to the highest principles of ethical behavior and to an appropriate conflict-of-interest policy for our organization’s staff and board members.
- Are mindful of and fulfill our fiduciary and legal responsibilities.
- Deal respectfully with all applicants, grantees, donors and anyone seeking information about our organization.
- Provide basic information about programs, funding priorities and application requirements on a timely basis.
- Respect the confidentiality of donors, grantees and applicants using discretion when communicating information about organizations or individuals.
- Review and evaluate on an ongoing basis the priorities, policies and practices of our organization to insure that the organization’s mission is being fulfilled.
- Promote inclusiveness as appropriate in our employment, board-recruitment, and grantmaking practices.
This statement makes use of language set forth in materials made available by the following organizations, and Grantmakers of Western Pennsylvania acknowledges and expresses its appreciation to them: BBB Wise Giving Alliance; Independent Sector; Minnesota Council of Foundations; Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Organizations; and Surdna Foundation.