In response to the devastating floods in West Virginia, many friends, neighbors and leaders across the country are asking how they can help citizens and communities recover. GWP is providing this page to help connect you with the variety of resources to volunteer, donate, and provide immediate and long-term recovery assistance.
Donation Support Resources
West Virginia's Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD) Disaster Recovery Fund: https://wvvoad.communityos.org
West Virginia has a statewide disaster relief fund managed in cooperation with a network of West Virginia Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (WVVOAD) and the United Methodist Church. We have been assured that 100% of donations go to serving those in need.
American Red Cross: Check out the options to volunteer and donate at: http://www.redcross.org/local/west-virgini
Interested in making a major grant donation?
Philanthropy West Virginia’s team is keeping a listing of major needs for long-term recovery and if foundations/corporate giving programs need input or contacts, feel free to contact their office directly at 304.517.1450.
Local Level Support:
If you wish to make a donation on the local level in affected counties (100% going to the needs of local citizens and communities), you can do so by checking out this list of Community Foundations and United Ways including:
- Nicholas County: Nicholas County Community Foundation at 304-872-0202 at email: firstname.lastname@example.org Visit: nccfwv.com
- Summers County: Hinton Area Foundation at 304-466-5332 or email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Visit:http://hintonareafoundation.org
- Greenbrier, Pocahontas, & Monroe counties: United Way of the Greenbrier atunitedwaygreenbrier.org/flood or Greenbrier Valley Community Foundation at 304-645-5620 or email: email@example.com Visit: www.gvfoundation.org
- Raleigh, Webster, Fayette, McDowell, and Wyoming counties: Beckley Area Foundation at 304-253-3806 or email: Sharon@bafwv.org Visit: bafwv.org
- Mercer & Monroe counties: Community Foundation of the Virginias at 304.324.0222 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kanawha, Fayette, Boone, Clay, and Roane Counties: The Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation at 304.346.3620 or email: email@example.com . Visit: tgkvf.org
- Kanawha and Clay Counties – United Way of Central WV visit:http://www.unitedwaycwv.org
- Individual Volunteers: Volunteers should not self-deploy, please stay safe until contacted by a volunteer coordinator. Please register to volunteer at volunteerwv.org.
- Group Volunteer Opportunities: For agencies with groups of volunteers ready to help (including church groups and student organizations), please register your team on the website at www.volunteerwv.org. You only need to register your team once.
- For Agencies that Need Additional Volunteer Support: If your agency needs additional volunteer support to staff shelters, conduct damage assessments or is anticipating other volunteer needs, please contact Gina.L.Namay@wv.gov or 304-558-0111 to complete a volunteer request.