Information on the local situation in Japan:
- Google has a real-time information page
- Twitter hashtags to follow: #Japan #tsunami #JPquake #tsunamicharity
- The UN Dispatch has a list of must-follow twitterers on the situation
- Crisis Commons has a wiki page covering real-time updates
- The Japanese Red Cross has deployed 11 National Disaster Response Teams to conduct assessments, provide healthcare and first aid and plan for relief supplies distribution.
Resources for donors in the United States:
- The Council on Foundations’ United States International Grantmaking site on disaster grantmaking
- COF’s Business Civic Leadership Center posted an update on corporate donations for earthquake relief efforts.
- Relief Web has updates on humanitarian relief efforts.
Options for donors in the United States:
- Globalgiving.org has set up a Japan earthquake and tsunami relief fund.
- Contributions may be sent to your local American Red Cross chapter or to the American Red Cross.
Information on Japanese Foundations and Charitable Organizations