In the spring of 2017, more than two dozen funders from Western Pennsylvania hopped on a bus to learn more about Allegheny County’s vibrant immigrant and refugee communities. The tour was organized by Grantmakers of Western Pennsylvania in partnership with Betty Cruz of All for All, an immigrant inclusion initiative that is taking the Immigrant Community Blueprint from plan to action.
We invite you to join us for an update on the work of All for All with Betty and community members who are working to connect people, organizations and communities so they can take practical steps that build a welcoming and inclusive region for all. During this session we will also learn more about Welcoming America’s Welcoming Interactive & Welcoming Economies convening scheduled to take place in Pittsburgh in May of 2019.
- Betty Cruz, Founder, Change Agency and All for All Project Director
- Wasi Mohamed, Executive Director, Islamic Center of Pittsburgh
- Kheir Mugwaneza, Immigrant Health Program Manager, Allegheny Health Network
- Angélica Ocampo, President & CEO, World Affairs Council
- Fred Thieman, Henry Buhl, Jr. Chair for Civic Leadership, The Buhl Foundation
This will be a brownbag meeting, so please feel free to bring a lunch. Drinks and desserts will be provided.