March 16-18, 2021 and March 23-25, 2021
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, United Philanthropy Forum has made the decision to make Foundations on the Hill (FOTH) 2021 a virtual event. During this unique Foundations on the Hill, participants will hear from keynote speakers, receive detailed and thoughtful legislative briefings, interact with members of Congress and legislative staff, and participate in immersive panel discussions and breakout sessions.
Additionally, FOTH 2021 attendees will have the chance to participate in an unprecedented digital advocacy and outreach experience, using social media and an interactive advocacy portal that communicates with Congress instantaneously.
Spread out over two weeks, this Virtual Foundations on the Hill (FOTH) will bring together hundreds of philanthropy representatives from around the country as we meet with our elected officials (virtually) about the policies that matter most to philanthropy, from the comfort of their home offices.
Presented by United Philanthropy Forum, in partnership with the Council on Foundations and Independent Sector, Foundations on the Hill:
- Informs and educates Congress about the importance of the philanthropic sector;
- Creates visibility for foundations and philanthropy on Capitol Hill;
- Advocates on issues important to Forum members, foundations, and the broader sector;
- Encourages Congress to view the Forum and its members as resources on key public policy issues; and
- Builds your organization’s relationship with lawmakers and their staffs.
Each year, the philanthropic sector has demonstrated that when we speak to Congress with one unified voice, we can make a lasting impact on the communities we serve. At FOTH, we use our influence to persuade our elected officials to support critically important legislation for our sector and our communities and inform them about the unique and vital role that charitable giving plays in America.