If you answered yes to several of the questions above, we may have an excellent opportunity for you and your organization to feel more in charge!
With support from PNC Charitable Trusts, Grantmakers of Western Pennsylvania (GWP) and Cohen & Grigsby have co-designed a learning group for 15 area nonprofits with operating budgets of $800,000 to $2 million. The learning series topics will include:
- Exploring the game-changing trends of the next decade that have implications for all nonprofits
- Defining the essential practices of “seaworthy” in your budget range
- Building an engaged and strategic board to help your organization be forward-thinking
- Understanding what foundations look for in reviewing grant applications
- The importance of risk management to your operation and your reputation
- Getting a better handle on creating relevant impact measurements for your organization
- Developing an organizational pitch that captures the attention of institutional funders and individual donors
- Delving into the options of mergers, affiliations, partnerships and shared services and which ones best accommodate your organization’s aspirations
Why this series? More than 30% of area nonprofits have operating budgets of $750,000 - $2 million. Often organizations of this size are asking themselves if they can become viable in such a rapidly changing and highly competitive environment. We understand the pressures you are encountering and want your organization to succeed, and beyond that, to excel! This learning group was designed to support organizations’ efforts to continually strengthen their operations in service to the community.
Session Dates: Learning series sessions will take place on the following Thursdays in the fall of 2019.
September 5, 19; October 3, 17, 31. Sessions will run from 9:00- 12:00 p.m.
How to apply: CEO or Executive Director of the organization should use this link to complete the application by May 30th.
You will be notified of your acceptance no later than June 30.
If you have questions, please contact Kate Dewey at email@example.com or 412-297-4861.